Welcome to the wrap-up post for the months of January through August 2019!
Luana.me has a new theme, “Luana2019”. Well, not quite a new theme, just an edit of my “Luana2016” theme with this color palette from Color-Hex.com. I needed a change. 🙂
In other news:
- My father’s health is improving, although he’s still not done with leukemia. It’s a slow journey but God’s going to help him
- I’m actively planning my wedding now, which should take place sometimes in 2020 (no further info until the wedding happens, sorry; it’s for privacy; friends can email me about it)
- I started on a CBD oil therapy to combat sensory overloads, neuropathy, cognitive skill degeneration (not sure where it comes from) and PSAS (it’s working!)
- I realized something about my gender identity, however I won’t make it public on this blog (people who know me can email me to learn more) and there’s no change in pronouns
Now, on with the stuff I’ve done January to August this year.
Apart from studying for various small projects (including my robotics one) I’m thinking about doing some changes to this and merge Library and The Luly Network with the main Luana.me blog: that would make for less redundancy and better management of CPU resources.
The other news in this area… is that I’m getting things done for the wedding and the new house. :’) I’m happy happy.
I haven’t read a lot of books this year – 9 between novels and essays, and 4 manga books:
- Gli ingredienti segreti dell’amore by Nicolas Barreau (Italian translation of “Le sourire des femmes”)
- Una cosa piena di mistero: saggi sulla scrittura by Eudora Welty (Italian translation of “On Writing”)
- Olga di carta: Il viaggio straordinario by Elisabetta Gnone
- Dovremmo essere tutti femministi by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Italian translation of “We Should All Be Feminists”)
- Le tue antenate. Donne pioniere nella società e nella scienza dall’antichità ai giorni nostri by Rita Levi-Montalcini
- La Regina del Nord by Rebecca Ross (Italian translation of “The Queen’s Rising #1”)
- Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry
- An Audience of One: Reclaiming Creativity for Its Own Sake by Srinivas Rao
- Fiabe per robot by Stanisław Lem (Italian translation of “Bajki robotów”)
I also read volumes 1-3 of the manga Arrivare a te (Italian translation of “君に届け [Kimi ni Todoke]”) and the first volume of Il riccio innamorato (Italian translation of “Koisuru Harinezumi”). I borrowed all four books from friends and I’m not sure I’m going to continue with the series, although so far they’ve been giving me some relaxing chill hours – that I needed so badly.
My goal for 2019 is to read a total of 45 books (13 done so far). You can view my reading challenge on Goodreads.
I’ve been writing and publishing 23 articles for my clients since January.
Below are the links to each of them, by client and in chronological order:
Monitor Backlinks (16)
Bosmol Social Media (6)
CoSpot – Content Marketer (1)
All in all, the first half of 2019 has been midly productive and I can’t really complain, since I only started on the CBD oil therapy in April.
I look forward to a much, much nicer second half of the year. 🙂
Email me at email@example.com if you want to leave a comment on this post.