February-May 2017 Wrap Up – Freelance WorkThat Luana Me, The Freelance Life · May 31, 2017, Wednesday · 0 comment
Welcome to my Feb-May 2017 monthly wrap-up! 😉
Life has been rough on me since February, but there are some good news:
- I started seeing a psychotherapist
- I was diagnosed with PSAS (or PGAD) – not a good news, but at least there’s a diagnosis!
- I got started on an hormonal therapy for PCOS and PSAS
- I’m seeing a neurologist soon
We got the Autism spectrum out of the equation, but I might still be a HSP. We’ll see what happens with the next check-ups.
I got a few articles written and published from February to May, and I’m very proud of each and every piece! 😀
Read the rest of this entry…
January 2017 – Updates (Happy New Year!)The Freelance Life, Writing · January 22, 2017, Sunday · 0 comment
Happy New Year, dear friends! I know it’s late in the month, but it’s still January, so the greeting still applies. 🙂
Thank you for sticking with me while I didn’t have the energies to update this blog. I will soon catch up with a summary of the art and writing projects and commissions I devoted time to since July 2016, and up to January, but for today I’ll just tell you what I’ve accomplished these first 22 days of January 2017.
Read the rest of this entry…
From Cold to Bronchitis… And I’m Sick Once AgainThat Luana Me, The Freelance Life · October 24, 2014, Friday · 22 comments
It started as a cold, I swear.
That was a tad more than a week ago, can’t remember exactly, but it looked like nothing serious. I kept on working, doing my stuff, going out and so on.
Bad joke, right? Over a week later, I’m home, working through the sickness while dreaming to spend a whole day in bed, resting as my body demands. And work is crap, because when you’re sick you’re not exactly in the mental shape to do things as they should be done. I feel kind of disconnected, my brain goes ways I don’t want it to go— and I don’t need a high fever to have that. A bit less than 100°F suffices.
I can barely sleep at night, always sneezing and coughing. I only slept 4 hours last night, and believe me, it can mess up my brain even worse. Not sure this blog post will make sense after I publish it, but well… I can say I tried, at least. (And my daughter Mandi Pope is an angel! She proofread the post for me. I love you, sweetie!)
So, I have a mild bronchitis now. My chest hurts and some other stuff I don’t want to write in detail (bleh!). I’m taking the whole weekend off to rest and recover, and I hope my freelance clients will understand that I need rest (oh, they do! But of course they need my blog posts, so I’m doing my best to heal quickly).
This is my to-do list for Monday 27:
- Finish up a blog post for my client Jerry + the PDF checklist I’ve been working on (I’m proud of this bit of work, heheh)
- Finish up 3 blog posts for my Indian client— shouldn’t take too long, since these posts are half written and all the subheads are in place (plus, they’re short articles that only require a little research, no big effort)
- Catch up on email replies, both work and personal emails
- Setup a new calendar for the week, to also include work for my client (and friend) Brandon and for my new niche blogs, Sponsored Circle and Biz Character Blogging
That’s it, I guess. I don’t want to fill that up too much, because the stuff I listed doesn’t take ten minutes to get done, but I look forward to push it a little more next week, so I can get my backlog cleared.
And I hope to see my Simone again, too, because I miss him badly. I haven’t seen him in almost two weeks now. Not cool. 🙁
Oh well. Lunch is almost ready, and then off to bed I go.
You take care, too, and careful that you don’t catch a bronchitis. I don’t want to know you’re going through the same crap as I do.
Love you all.