January 2018 Monthly Wrap-Up – Projects & Freelance WorkMonthly Wrap-Ups, The Freelance Life · February 11, 2018, Sunday
Welcome to my January 2018 monthly wrap-up! 🙂
It’s been a while since I last posted one of these updates. There was an hacking attack in August 2017 that had my site disappear for a few months, because I didn’t have the time and energy to clean it up.
But as you can see, Luana.me is back online for the new year – and with HTTPS/SSL installed to avoid security issues and major annoyances.
I haven’t been working on any personal projects these past few months, if not very sparingly whenever I had a few minutes to devote to ‘leisure’ activities.
I’ve just had no energy due to health issues, both physical and mental. However, things have been improving since November and psychotherapy has been a great aid. I’ve been seeing doctors, too.
Recently I got back to this blog (I still have a bit of auditing to do) and other blogs I run, both character blogs and niche blogs.
The only big personal project I’ve been working on is inducing lactation for my spiritual children, a topic and an experience I’m going to cover more thoroughly on my Spiritually, Mama Luana blog.
My health issues definitely didn’t help me stick to deadlines, but I’m thankful to God for sending wonderful clients my way, who understand and happily extend my due dates even two or three times when life gets impossible to deal with.
The articles I published over the last few months on CoSpot and Monitor Backlinks:
- 8 SEO Reporting Tools to Fully Audit Your Site’s SEO Health
- Search Party! 10 Keyword Search Volume Tools to Uncover Top Terms
- The 16 Top Tools to Detect Negative SEO and Fight Back with Guns Blazing
- 7 Online Task Managers That Divide Monster Projects into Actionable Team Tasks
- Post Planner Review: Social Marketing So Easy a Kid Could Do It
- Keyword Hunters: 11 Powerful Keyword Research and Rank Tracker Tools
- Competitor SEO Tracking: A Hands-on, Fluff-free Guide
Can I say I wrote most of those articles for myself, too?
Audit and keyword research tools are my daily bread for blog and content management, so I won’t lie: I belong to the target audience of those post I wrote. 😀 (LOL)
The articles I mentioned in my February-May 2017 monthly wrap-up where published over the last few months:
- You Are Doing It Wrong! 9 Blog Marketing Mistakes to Avoid Like Plague for WHSR
- SumoMe Review: Wrestling Marketing Tasks into Submission with Apps and Analytics for CoSpot
- Plan for Success: 8 Chill Tips on How to Easily Manage Blogs for CoSpot
- 12 Content Marketing Secrets to Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary for CoSpot
- When A SEO-Focused Marketing Strategy Is A Good Idea – and When It’s Not for Relevance
The piece for Relevance was a tricky one to work on: I got plenty of experts to reply to my media query for it (68) so it turned out a very time-consuming article to write, having to go through all that to pick the best pieces of expert insight and advice.
But hey – I did it! 😀
I really care about the topic of this article, because SEO is too often seen as the solution to many a problem, when it’s under underlying marketing strategy that counts, and a careful assessment of a business’ needs.
So all the effort wasn’t wasted.
I truly hope Relevance readers will find it helpful to make an informed decision.
The other articles were fun to write. My WHSR piece on blogging mistakes turned out funny with all the humorous comic strips I added to it (LOL) and the posts for CoSpot were interesting to write and all topics that I needed to research for my own blogs, too.
The SumoMe review… well, I use that plugin. Loving it. 😀
What have you been working on in January?